Top Cryptocurrencies by popularity
There are many popular cryptocurrencies in the world, but some of the most well-known and widely used include:
- Bitcoin (BTC) – The first and largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, Bitcoin was created in 2009 by an individual or group of individuals using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Ethereum (ETH) – Ethereum is the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and is a decentralized platform that enables the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps).
- Ripple (XRP) – Ripple is a digital currency that is designed to be used for fast and inexpensive international money transfers.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) – Bitcoin Cash is a hard fork of Bitcoin that was created in 2017 with the goal of increasing the block size limit to allow for more transactions per block.
- Litecoin (LTC) – Litecoin is a cryptocurrency that is similar to Bitcoin but with faster transaction times and lower fees.
- Tether (USDT) – Tether is a stablecoin, meaning that its value is pegged to the US dollar, it’s the most widely used stable coin
- Cardano (ADA) – Cardano is a blockchain platform that aims to offer a more secure and sustainable ecosystem for the development and execution of smart contracts and decentralized applications.
- Binance Coin (BNB) – Binance Coin is the native cryptocurrency of the Binance exchange, one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
This is not an exhaustive list and the popularity of these cryptocurrencies can fluctuate over time, depending on market conditions and other factors.